When applying to AHPRA for registration, IQNM is assessed on their qualifications and not their professional clinical experience. In early 2020, the assessment is transitioned to an Outcomes-Based Assessment or OBA for IQNM who hold relevant and meet the mandatory registration standards but don’t have substantially equivalent qualifications.
The OBA replace bridging programs, for instance, IRON or Initial Registration of Overseas Nurses. The OBA may be a 2-stage assessment process:
- a multiple-choice question (MCQ) exam ( you want to be authorized by AHPRA to take a seat the MCQ exam) and
- an objective structured clinic exam (OSCE). you’ll be required to pass the MCQ before moving to the
Under the OBA for IQNM PR pathway, IQNM must pass, within the following order:
1). cognitive assessment component this a computer-based multiple-choice questionnaire or MCQ: registered nurses will sit the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Exams are going to be held at the Pearson VUE test so as to aim MCQ, the candidate has got to undergo the NCLEX-RN test.
National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) may be a test for licensed nurses who wish to figure within the USA, Canada, or Australia. The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) develops and administers the NCLEX-RN through Pearson VUE test centers.
Registered nurses will sit the NCLEX-RN. Midwives will sit MCQ exams managed by NMBA.
The NCLEX-rn exam uses a Computer Adaptive Test format that’s interactively supported the response given to the questions by the candidate. Supported candidate’s skill level, the CAT ensures that the questions aren’t “too hard” or “too easy”.
2. behavioral component (OSCE) this assesses the behavioural skills that reflect the IQNM’s knowledge and skills of an entry-level Australian nurse or midwife. The behavioural assessment are going to be within the sort of an Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE). The OSCE is managed by AHPRA and can be delivered at Adelaide Health Simulation in
In addition to the OBA for IQNM, overseas trained nurses and midwives must also undertake an orientation program to assist them to familiarise working within the Australian healthcare system. This program covers 3 parts:
- an online Self-check or assessment introducing IQNM to Australia and therefore the Australian healthcare system;
- this orientation (for all IQNMs who are advised to continue with the assessment process) covers the range of the Australian culture and IQNM must complete it once they’re registered with the IQNM’s employer will provide an orientation which is predicated on NMBA?
The OBA for IQNM PR pathway is for IQNM whose qualifications don’t meet all the specified assessment criteria. They’re going to be required to take a seat for the OBA or using another pathway, like an NMBA approved program of study, to use for his or her permanent resident visa.